Kenichi Ebina LinQuest, Inc. CEO
Kenichi Ebina is a self-taught “Dance-ish” performing artist and director.
Kenichi moved to the United States of America in 1994 for study and started Hip-Hop dance at college as a hobby by himself, and he has extended to learn various style of dance with unique artistic direction. After college, he has started his career as performing artist based in New York City and has been performing throughout the world. In 2012, he created 90 minutes full-length one-man show for the first time in the world as a street style dance-based performing artist and developed it to 120 minutes in 2014.
In 2015, he has moved back to Japan after 20 years life in the US and keep performing based in Tokyo. Kenichi’s unique dance show with various dance styles, pantomime, illusion effects of sound & light and multimedia entertains wide range of people who are not even interested in dance.
Kenichi has performed at many events, TV shows and has taught in over 40 countries throughout the world. Kenichi has also performed, directed and choreographed for many projects and dance and theater companies.
Besides performing himself, Kenichi has expanded his career as artistic director and producer of shows/events, agent for other performing artists, booking agent and event/show production as CEO of LinQuest, Inc.
- 2013: “America’s Got Talent : season 8 ” All-kind talent contest, TV show in USA << Winner among 75,000 contestants / First Asian winner / First dancer winner / First foreign act winner >>
- 2012: ”KAMIWAZA : season 1 ” World various performing artist contest, TV show in Japan << Winner / participated as representative from Japan >>
- 2007: “Showtime at the Apollo” TV show version of “Amateur Night” at the Apollo Theater << Grand Champion of dance contest after winning 7 times >>
- 2001: “Amateur Night” at the World-Famous Apollo Theater in Harlem, New York << Winner of Super Top Dog / First Grand Champion as Japanese contestant >>
- 2007: TED Talks 2007 <<First Japanese presenter>> (TED Conference is annual conference where thousands of celebrities attend to watch 50 presenters such as former US president, Nobel prize winners, presidents of large corporations, prominent inventers, artists, etc.)
- 2012: 90 minutes full-length one-man show << The Ｗorld’s First as street dance-based performing artist >> (by research in 2012)
- 2014: 2 hours one-man show << The Ｗorld’s First / Only one as of 2021 >> (by research in 2021)
YouTube: Audition video on the official “America’s Got Talent” YouTube channel has more than 120 million views << The 4th most views in “dance performance” and the most views as solo dance performer >> and total views of Kenichi’s performance videos on YouTube is over 250 million. (as of 2021)
TV Shows (other than noted above)
- USA : ”America’s Got Talent : The Champions”, “Maury Show”, “Jimmy Fallon”, “ARSENIO Hall”, “Today”, “Angelina Ballerina” and many other
- Japan : “Jounetsu Tairiku “, “World No.1s’ Showtime”, “SMAPxSMAP” and many other
- China : ”World’s Got Talent”, “International Humour Festival”, “The King of Comedy”, “Battle of Sexes”, “The Generation Show”
- Frrance : “Le Plus Grand Cabaret du Monde”
- UK : “Sunday Night at the London Palladium”
- Brazil : “Programa da Sabrina”
- South Korea : “Star King”
- Turkey : “Beyaz Show”
- Germany : “Das Supertalent”
- Israel : “Israel’s Got Talent”
- Many Spainish speaking countries : “SABADO GIGANTE”, “Angelina Ballerina”
Some other Kenichi’s notable credits
- Private party show for Madonna, Simon Cowell, Royal Family of Morocco Kingdom, President of Kazakhstan, etc
- Cirque du Soleil’s special event show
- “Absinthe”, Australian Open Tennis 2009, Melbourne, Australia
- After party show, ” Formula-1 (F-1) Grand Prix” in Monaco and Singapore
- “Circurious” at the Disney Wonder Cruise Shiip, Mexico
- The Japanese Embassy’s 60th Anniversary event with Israel, Tel Aviv, Israel
- “LifeBall 2009”, the largest AIDS charity event, Vienna, Austria
- NBA basket ball halftime show tour
- Neil Young concert dancer, “Greendale”
- Actor and choreographer for Japanese drama, “Manhattan Diaries”
More detailed biography HERE